Over two and a half days and with contributions from academic and key administrative staff from the collegiate University, the Seminar provides you with an interactive and participative platform for:
- exploring priorities during probation
- reflecting on your teaching, research and administration duties
- clarifying expectations and opportunities
- networking with colleagues
- understanding ‘the bigger picture’
- asking questions!
All probationary University lecturers are expected to attend the Seminar, which is a core feature of PHEP together with an individual meeting, and you are strongly recommended to do so in the first year of your appointment.
You can book your place online.
"The seminar was held in a very friendly atmosphere, which encouraged a lot of discussions."
"Much more useful than I expect it to be! Very good to meet others at the same stage as me!"
"Very helpful for context for all aspects of the job. Very helpful to be aware of a huge range of resources."
"Excellent! Very illuminating and helpful."