The Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education is a collaboration between the Cambridge Centre for Teaching and Learning and the Institute of Continuing Education.
Course participants will develop enquiry-based approaches to engaging with educational challenges and contributing to improvements in the education of students at Cambridge and at tertiary level more broadly. In particular, participants will
- develop their understanding of how students learn;
- extend their repertoire of teaching, learning and assessment methods; and
- develop a cogent personal philosophy of education drawing on understanding, use and critical awareness of educational research methods and reflective practice.
The course is designed so that participants are able to investigate aspects of teaching and learning that are particularly important to them. Some of the outcomes that are likely to arise from taking the course are
- greater understanding of student engagement in higher education;
- increased confidence; and
- an ability to think creatively, and from an evidence base, about how to improve education within and beyond your own practice.
The Postgraduate Certificate is equivalent to 60 credits at FHEQ Level 7.
Applications for the course in 2017-18 are open until 12 May 2017. Read the full course information and apply online.