Submitted by Isabel Starkey on Wed, 08/03/2017 - 10:47
The course is for staff who teach and support learning of Cambridge University students. Taking an enquiry-based approach to exploring challenges in teaching and learning in Cambridge and beyond, the Postgraduate Certificate provides an opportunity to
- extend your understanding of how students learn
- extend your repertoire of teaching, learning and assessment methods
- develop a cogent personal philosophy of higher education.
Participants in the course are likely to
- develop greater understanding of student engagement in higher education
- approach teaching and supporting students’ learning with increased confidence
- think creatively and from an evidence base about how to improve education within and beyond your own practice.
Participants normally have a minimum of one to three years’ experience of teaching in higher education. The course is not normally open to PhD students. The course is offered by the Cambridge Centre for Teaching and Learning, in collaboration with the Institute for Continuing Education.
Applications are open until Friday 12 May 2017.